A 1.4 kW solar electricity system is being installed at the Center near downtown Columbus, Ohio during the month of October, 2013. We will do a follow up with pix when the installation is completed but we wanted to preview the project.
The installation will be pole mounted with a top of the rack mounting system and the pole will be set on a concrete pad. The Columbus Ohio Chapter of the IBEW will do the installation, but there are a number of partners in this project.
- The City of Columbus is digging the hole.
- A local solar company, SolarVision LLC, is donating funds to the project.
- The Brian David Robertson (BDR) Foundation is donating equipment.
- Canadian Solar donated the solar panels.
- Solar Cascade paid for the drawings and the design of the pole mounted system and Thomas Van Cleef is handing a number of the site preparation and IT issues.
- The Foundation for Environmental Education is administering the project.
According to Christie Vargo, the Center Director, â€œWe love this project for two reasons. The first reason is that it will allow us to introduce our visitors to solar energy. The second reason is that the partners in this project are all working in collaboration to help us illustrate the power of a community that works together.â€
— by Glen Kizer